Wethepeople Avenger 27.5" Bike (2022)
WTP AVENGER BIKE KEY FEATURES:
- 27.5" wheeled 'klunker' bike
- Full chromoly frame, fork and handlebars
- Double wall rims with sealed bearing hubs for strength
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes front and rear
Wethepeople! They've done it! A full blown 'Klunker' bike that's ready to hit anything you got!
'What is a klunker bike?'
Basically The Wethepeople Avenger is taking the idea of an old school bike and repurposing it with modern parts to jump, ride the mountain trails - and basically anything else it can handle.
However, the benefit of the WTP Avenger bike over traditional Klunkers is to give you a full 4130 Chromoly frame, fork and handlebars, with double walled rims laced to sealed bearing hubs. All while still offering disc brakes front and rear.
What you're left with is essentially a BMX bike that you can take on the mountain bike trails without hassle. Made for those who want to take their two wheels on more terrain, parents who want to tear around the streets after their young shredders, or BMX riders who want to a bike commute in style, no matter what the track looks like.
We love this bike, we're all about a bike that remains in the BMX wheelhouse, but is fun enough to take to the single track with ease. Great work Wethepeople!
- Top Tube Length: 24.5”
- Chain Stay Length: 18.75”
- Head Tube Angle: 70°
- Seat Tube Angle: 68°
- Bottom Bracket Height: 63mm drop
- Stand Over Height: 18.8” (centre of BB to top of seat tube)
- Frame: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER" frame, 4130 full crmo
- Fork: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER" fork, 4130 full crmo, 33mm offset
- Bars: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER" bar, 4130 full crmo
- Grips: SALT “CLAMP ON” flangeless grips, 145mm
- Stem: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER" cnc top load stem, 1-1/8", 49mm reach
- Headset: FSA "ORBIT UF-NO.2N" headset
- Lever: SHIMANO "BL-MT200", disc brake lever
- Brakes: SHIMANO "BL-MT200", hydraulic disc brake with 160 mm rotors
- Cranks: SALT "AVENGER" tubular 3pc "TSS" crank crmo 175mm, 8 spline
- BB: SALTPLUS "BSA" (68mm), 19mm, external, sealed bearing
- Pedals: WETHEPEOPLE "LOGIC" nylon/fiberglass pedals
- Chain: WETHEPEOPLE "SUPPLY" chain, Z510HX type
- Sprocket WETHEPEOPLE "PATROL" 6061-T6 alloy, 42t cnc sprocket
- Driver: 18t cog, cassette driver, sealed bearing
- Front Hub: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER" disc front hub, fully sealed, M6 female bolts, 36h
- Rear Hub: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER" disc cassette hub, fully sealed, 3/8" female bolts, 36h
- Front Rim: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER-DB-32" 27.5" double wall, 36h
- Rear Rim: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER-DB-32" 27.5" double wall, 36h
- Seat: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER" railed seat
- Seat Post: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER" 27.2mm, seat post, alloy
- Seat Clamp: WETHEPEOPLE "AVENGER" 29.8mm forged alloy seat clamp
- Tires: WTB "BREAKOUT" tires, 27.5"x 2.3" front & rear
- Weight: 14.88kg / 32.84lbs
Please use BMX bike sizing as a guide only. Size guide does not take into account skill level or riding preference, so you may need to get a longer or shorter top tube length to suit your style of riding.
Junior (smaller than 20" wheels) BMX bikes sizing
|Rider Age||Rider Height||Bike Size|
|1.5 - 4 years||80 - 110cm||Balance Bike|
|3 - 6 years||95 - 115cm||12" wheels|
|4 - 8 years||100 - 130cm||14" wheels|
|5 - 9 years||110 - 140cm||16" wheels|
|7 - 12 years||120 - 155cm||18" wheels|
20" wheeled BMX bikes sizing
All bikes below have 20" wheels, which makes the top tube length the determining factor for optimum sizing.
|Rider Height||Bike Categories||Top Tube Length|
|135 - 150cm||Youth BMX bike||18.5" - 20.25"|
|145 - 165cm||Youth BMX bike||19.8" - 20.5"|
|155 - 170cm||20.25" - 20.75"|
|165 - 180cm||Adult BMX bike||20.5" - 21"|
|Adult BMX bike|
Larger than 20" wheeled BMX bikes sizing
BMX bikes with 22" - 27.5" wheels suit riders of many sizes, but can be more practical for taller riders.
|Rider Height||Wheel Size|
|170cm +||22" and up|
All BMX bikes are shipped in a bike box at a flat rate
of $35 Australia wide.
We provide an optional pre-service bike build to
dramatically cut down on the assembly and prolong the life of your bike, which
can be added at the checkout.