Radio Darko BMX Bike (2022)
RADIO DARKO 2022 BMX KEY FEATURES
- Great all-round geometry to adapt to street, park or jumps
- Removable brake mounts for a brakeless option
- Radio 3-piece tubular crankset with sealed bearing Mid BB
- Salt and SaltPlus parts throughtout
When you are a little taller and want a bike that can handle any type of riding, the Radio Darko 2022 bike is a stellar choice. A lengthy 21" top tube takes care of riders upwards of 6ft tall, while a good amount of quality parts from Salt and Saltplus means you can spend your time on the bike, not in the workshop.
Finally, the Radio Darko 2021 model offers removable brake mounts, for a truly modern BMX feel.
Note: The Radio Darko 2021 BMX bike is pictured without brakes but is fitted with brakes as standard.
- Top tube length: 21"
- Chainstay length: 13.2"
- Standover height: 8.6" (20.5" tt)/ 8.9" (21" tt)
Head tube angle: 75°
- Seat tube angle: 71°
- BB Height: 11.7"
- Frame: crmo top tube & down tube, 1020 hi-ten, removable brake mounts & guides
- Fork: RADIO "AM" 1020 hi-ten fork, crmo steerer, tapered legs
- Bars: RADIO "DARKO" bar, 1020 hi-ten, 9" rise
- Grips: RADIO "AM XL" grips
- Stem: SALT "PRO" top load stem, 50mm reach
- Headset: SALT "PRO" int. headset, sealed bearing
- Lever: Radio Am alloy brake lever
- Brakes: Radio Am alloy u-brake rear
- Cranks: RADIO "AM" tubular 3pc crank crmo 170mm, 8 spline
- BB: Mid 19mm size, press fit, sealed bearing
- Pedals: RADIO "PRO" nylon/fiberglass pedals
- Chain: SALT "AM" chain, Z1 type
- Sprocket: RADIO "VISION" steel 25T sprocket
- Front Hub: SALT "AM" alloy hub, lb, 3/8"s male axle, 36h
- Rear Hub: RADIO "AM" cassette hub, semi-sealed, 9t driver, 14mm axle, 36h
- Front Rim: SALT "FRACTION" rim, single wall
- Rear Rim: SALT "FRACTION" rim, single wall
- Seat: RADIO "CENTURY" fat padded combo seat
- Seat Clamp: Integrated "SLIM" seat clamp
- Tires: SALTPLUS "BURN" tires, 2.35" front & rear
- Weight: 12.15kg / 26.80lb
Please use BMX bike sizing as a guide only. Size guide does not take into account skill level or riding preference, so you may need to get a longer or shorter top tube length to suit your style of riding.
Junior (smaller than 20" wheels) BMX bikes sizing
|Rider Age||Rider Height||Bike Size|
|1.5 - 4 years||80 - 110cm||Balance Bike|
|3 - 6 years||95 - 115cm||12" wheels|
|4 - 8 years||100 - 130cm||14" wheels|
|5 - 9 years||110 - 140cm||16" wheels|
|7 - 12 years||120 - 155cm||18" wheels|
20" wheeled BMX bikes sizing
All bikes below have 20" wheels, which makes the top tube length the determining factor for optimum sizing.
|Rider Height||Bike Categories||Top Tube Length|
|135 - 150cm||Youth BMX bike||18.5" - 20.25"|
|145 - 165cm||Youth BMX bike||19.8" - 20.5"|
|155 - 170cm||20.25" - 20.75"|
|165 - 180cm||Adult BMX bike||20.5" - 21"|
|Adult BMX bike|
Larger than 20" wheeled BMX bikes sizing
BMX bikes with 22" - 27.5" wheels suit riders of many sizes, but can be more practical for taller riders.
|Rider Height||Wheel Size|
|170cm +||22" and up|
All BMX bikes are shipped in a bike box at a flat rate
of $35 Australia wide.
We provide an optional pre-service bike build to
dramatically cut down on the assembly and prolong the life of your bike, which
can be added at the checkout.