United Recruit 18" BMX Bike (2021)
UNITED RECRUIT JR BMX BIKE KEY FEATURES:
The 18 inch United Recruit BMX bike is perfect for a smaller rider to throw the bike around. A very smart choice of less spokes on the front wheel gives more chance to lift a lighter front end, while a sturdy 36h wheel keeps the United Recruit 18" dependable. Sealed bearings where it counts and smaller, responsive geometry gets your progression on track!
- Toptube Length: 18"
- Chainstay Length: 12.25"
- Headtube Angle: 75°
- Seattube Angle: 71°
- Standover Height: 7.5″
- Bottom Bracket Height: 10.75"
- United Supreme Frame, Cromo Top Tube, Welded Brake Mounts, 1-1/8" Head Tube, Mid BB, Embossed Logo Top Tube Gusset
- Forks: CRMO Steerer Tube, Tapered 1020 Hi Tensile Steel Legs
- Handlebars: 7.75” X 26” 1020 Hi Tensile Steel, 1° Up Sweep, 11.5° Back Sweep
- Grips: United Junior Grips & United Bar Ends
- Headset: United Integrated Sealed Bearing
- Stem: United 40mm Reach Top Load Stem, Embossed United Logo, Forged Detailing
- Rear Lever: Alloy
- Rear Brake: 990
- Cranks: 3pc 140mm, Tubular CRMO, 8 Spline
- BB: United Sealed Bearing Mid
- Sprocket: 25t Steel
- Pedals: United Supreme PC
- Chain: X410
- Rear Rim: Alloy 36h, Single Wall
- Front Rim: Alloy 20h, Aero, Single Wall
- Rear Hub: 36h United Supreme Sealed Cassette Hub, 10mm Axle, Sealed Bearing 9t Driver, 4 Pawl, Ultra Loud Mechanism
- Front Hub: 20h Looseball bearing, 10mm Male Axle
- Rear Tire: United Direct 18 X 2.10”
- Front Tire: United Direct 18 X 2.10”
- Seat: United Junior Railed Seat
- Seat Post: Steel with guts
- Seat Clamp: Alloy
Please use BMX bike sizing as a guide only. Size guide does not take into account skill level or riding preference, so you may need to get a longer or shorter top tube length to suit your style of riding.
Junior (smaller than 20" wheels) BMX bikes sizing
|Rider Age||Rider Height||Bike Size|
|1.5 - 4 years||80 - 110cm||Balance Bike|
|3 - 6 years||95 - 115cm||12" wheels|
|4 - 8 years||100 - 130cm||14" wheels|
|5 - 9 years||110 - 140cm||16" wheels|
|7 - 12 years||120 - 155cm||18" wheels|
20" wheeled BMX bikes sizing
All bikes below have 20" wheels, which makes the top tube length the determining factor for optimum sizing.
|Rider Height||Bike Categories||Top Tube Length|
|135 - 150cm||Youth BMX bike||18.5" - 20.25"|
|145 - 165cm||Youth BMX bike||19.8" - 20.5"|
|155 - 170cm||20.25" - 20.75"|
|165 - 180cm||Adult BMX bike||20.5" - 21"|
|Adult BMX bike|
Larger than 20" wheeled BMX bikes sizing
BMX bikes with 22" - 27.5" wheels suit riders of many sizes, but can be more practical for taller riders.
|Rider Height||Wheel Size|
|170cm +||22" and up|
All BMX bikes are shipped in a bike box at a flat rate
of $35 Australia wide.
We provide an optional pre-service bike build to
dramatically cut down on the assembly and prolong the life of your bike, which
can be added at the checkout.