Odyssey redesigned the BMX chain & it is revolutionary. The Odyssey Keychain pretty much eliminates not only weak spots, but installation issues & weight.
- Available in Solid and Hollow links
- 81 links
- 1/2 x 1/8" size only (fits most freestyle BMX bikes)
Read more below to find out what is so special about the Keychain:
1. Oversize Pins: Traditional chain pins are 3mm in diameter. The Key Chain’s are 5mm, and they are available with a hollow or solid pin assembly. These oversized pins are 4-times stronger than traditional pins, and the chances of bending one, whether the pin is hollow or solid, are essentially zero. The 5mm riveted pins provide added strength, but they also provide a bigger contact surface with the chain’s plates, which makes them harder to push out or bend. The hollow pin assembly, by design, allows for a stronger rivet connection to form during manufacturing, resulting in a stronger chain overall.
2. Thicker, Lower Profile Side Plates: Each plate has a low profile and an extra narrow waist that makes it harder to catch the plates at unwanted times. At 1.4mm, the plates are substantially thicker than the plates of any other chain, and they’re also more than 50% harder to bend than the thickest existing 1.2mm chain plates too.
3. Unique Master and Half Links with Threaded Pins: Users can break and re-join the chain with just a 3mm hex key. The chain’s half link plates are taller at the bends to both increase stiffness and minimize stretch. Since the use of a chain breaker to re-join the chain has been eliminated, the pins can retain their original level of tightness from the factory. Also, carrying a spare master link and 3mm allen key in most cases is enough to repair the Key Chain when riding, so lugging around a chain tool is usually unnecessary.
4. Low Overall Weight: By using material as efficiently as possible we have strengthened every component of the chain and kept the weight in the same range as the Odyssey Bluebird chain.
5. Low Stretch: Stretching of the chain is minimized by using a standard alternating plate pattern and limiting the chain to a single, beefed up half link. This configuration maximizes the lifespan of the sprocket and driver.
Best shovel for building jumps hands down and even better that a sick shop like backbone stock them!
I recently had the pleasure of purchasing a custom BMX rear wheel, and I couldn't be more impressed with both the product and the exceptional customer service provided by the staff. They were genuinely interested in understanding my specific preferences and provided suggestions/options about spokes. The result is a wheel that perfectly aligns with my vision. Awesome!
Excellent product and great communication!!!!
TLD Fibrelite Mono offers all the coverage you need for weekend shuttles on the mountain. Not ideally suited for uphill rides, but if you want to do that, consider the TLD Stage model. Otherwise, for the price it’s a TLD lid and it should save your ugly mug.
My daughter loves this helmet and said it is the most comfortable helmet she has ever worn.
A fantastic stem for any bike
Great efficient service , great product with excellent stopping power from these Odyssey pads. Very happy with service.
Great for, high quality
Great helmet, best bike shop
If you're into a super soft grip straight outta the box these are the ones.
They've got the old school ODI feel and the S&M shield is a nice touch for where your pinky lays.
By buying these grips, you're supporting an Aussie business, American manufacturing and also one of the most legendary trails bmx riders to ever live.
Win win. Cheap.
Had 4 pairs of these pedals now and just can't get enough.
I've never slipped off and received a shinner, as they are very grippy.
When the pins are removed like one side of mine are, they slide like a dream.
And that extra wide platform is the best thing to have ever happened to pedals.
Con, they do come loose in the bushings over time and refuse to tighten up via the pressure bolt. But when this happens you can just slap a blob of weld over the nut to permanently retain them or what i really like to do is just get a new set. Cheap.
So good!! Pretty much fell onto the rim, and feel so good on the bike.
Excellent. Helmet looks at least 10% cooler!
BARS were shipped properly and came in great shape.
Awesome very happy with the product