Colony Horizon 16" BMX Bike
COLONY HORIZON 16" KEY FEATURES
- Lightweight alloy frame
- Short 125mm length 3-piece cranks
- Sealed bearings throughout cuts down on maintenance
- Chromoly bars
- Built to suit an average height rider 5-9 years old
Colony BMX continue on their smaller bike range with the perfectly sized Colony Horizon 16 inch bike.
We've found that a 16 inch BMX bike needs to have a shorter top tube, to suit a smaller rider that doesn't have the strength to move a BMX around properly yet - the Colony Horizon 16 provides a very short 15.9" top tube, which is a really cool feature.
Size appropriate parts and a lightweight alloy frame makes it perfect for a younger rider.
Available in two colours with seriously high level parts means the next generation BMX rider can excel!
- Head tube angle: 75º
- Top tube length: 15.9"
- Seat tube angle: 71º
- Chainstay length: 11.25"
- Frame: Colony Horizon 6061-T6 Alloy
- Forks: Colony Horizon, CRMO tapered legs
- Handlebars: Colony Horizon, CRMO 7” rise 23” wide
- Grips: Colony Horizon
- Headset: 1-1/8” Integrated
- Stem: Colony Horizon Alloy Top Load short reach
- Brakes (rear): U-Brake alloy with clear pads
- Brake lever (right): Alloy short reach
- Cables: Slick (rear)
- Sprocket: Colony Horizon 25T
- Crankset: Colony Horizon Tubular CRMO 3-piece 125mm
- Bottom Bracket: MID sealed bearing
- Chain: KMC
- Pedals: Plastic
- Rims: Alloy Single Wall, 36h
- Tires: Family F2128, 16” x 2.1”
- Front Hub: Colony Horizon Alloy, sealed bearing, 10mm axle
- Rear Hub: Colony Horizon Alloy, Full sealed bearing cassette, 10mm axle with 9T driver
- Seat: Colony Horizon Railed
- Seatpost: Steel 25.4mm diameter
- Weight: 9.2kg
Please use BMX bike sizing as a guide only. Size guide does not take into account skill level or riding preference, so you may need to get a longer or shorter top tube length to suit your style of riding.
Junior (smaller than 20" wheels) BMX bikes sizing
|Rider Age||Rider Height||Bike Size|
|1.5 - 4 years||80 - 110cm||Balance Bike|
|3 - 6 years||95 - 115cm||12" wheels|
|4 - 8 years||100 - 130cm||14" wheels|
|5 - 9 years||110 - 140cm||16" wheels|
|7 - 12 years||120 - 155cm||18" wheels|
20" wheeled BMX bikes sizing
All bikes below have 20" wheels, which makes the top tube length the determining factor for optimum sizing.
|Rider Height||Bike Categories||Top Tube Length|
|135 - 150cm||Youth BMX bike||18.5" - 20.25"|
|145 - 165cm||Youth BMX bike||19.8" - 20.5"|
|155 - 170cm||20.25" - 20.75"|
|165 - 180cm||Adult BMX bike||20.5" - 21"|
|Adult BMX bike|
Larger than 20" wheeled BMX bikes sizing
BMX bikes with 22" - 27.5" wheels suit riders of many sizes, but can be more practical for taller riders.
|Rider Height||Wheel Size|
|170cm +||22" and up|
All BMX bikes are shipped in a bike box at a flat rate
of $35 Australia wide.
Bikes are shipped using Startrack Express or Australia Post,
some assembly is required once received and can be done using a basic BMX tool kit and bike pump.
We provide an optional pre-service bike build to
dramatically cut down on the assembly and prolong the life of your bike, which
can be added at the checkout.