Blackeye Hornet 18" BMX Bike (2022)
BLACKEYE HORNET 18" BMX BIKE KEY FEATURES:
- Incredibly well spec'd 18" BMX bike for less than $600
- Sealed bearing BB with tubular 3-piece cranks for longevity
- Sealed bearing cassette hub is maintenance free
- 18.5" top tube with size appropriate cranks for a rider 115cm - 150cm
Blackeye BMX bikes might not be a name you're familiar with, but rest assured, you're getting one amazing bike with a lot of history behind it. Owned by the longest running BMX distributor in Australia, Blackeye has 40+ years of BMX industry knowledge poured into their bike range, ensuring that you get the best spec'd bike possible, for the best price possible.
The Blackeye Hornet 18 inch bike comes ready to rip the skateparks and jumps, but for the smaller/younger rider.
Strong components like the sealed bearing cassette hub and tubular 3-piece cranks sets the Blackeye Hornet bike apart from other bikes at a similar price point - in fact, normally a bike like this would be sitting a couple hundred dollars higher than $549.
Three colours to choose from and you got a heck of a ride.
- FRAME Blackeye 1020 HI-TEN, 18.5" top tube, Mid BB, 1-1/8" head tube
- FORK Blackeye 1020 hi-ten fork
- HANDLEBAR Blackeye 1020 hi-ten, 7.25" rise bars
- GRIPS DRS grips
- STEM Alloy top load stem, 40mm reach
- HEADSET A-Headset loose ball
- BRAKE LEVER Alloy brake lever
- BRAKE Alloy 990 brakes
- CRANK Blackeye Tubular CRMO 3-piece cranks, 155mm
- BB Mid size, sealed bearing
- PEDALS Wellgo Nylon Pedals
- CHAIN 410 chain
- SPROCKET Blackeye steel 25t sprocket
FRONT HUB Blackeye, 36h, 10mm axle, unsealed
- REAR HUB Blackeye cassette, 36h, 14mm axle, sealed bearing, 9t driver sealed bearing
- FRONT RIM Alloy single wall, 36h
- REAR RIM Alloy single wall, 36h
- SEAT DRS Combo seat/post
- SEAT POST Combo style
- SEAT CLAMP alloy seat clamp
- TIRES DRS Freestyle 2.125″ front & rear
Please use BMX bike sizing as a guide only. Size guide does not take into account skill level or riding preference, so you may need to get a longer or shorter top tube length to suit your style of riding.
Junior (smaller than 20" wheels) BMX bikes sizing
|Rider Age||Rider Height||Bike Size|
|1.5 - 4 years||80 - 110cm||Balance Bike|
|3 - 6 years||95 - 115cm||12" wheels|
|4 - 8 years||100 - 130cm||14" wheels|
|5 - 9 years||110 - 140cm||16" wheels|
|7 - 12 years||120 - 155cm||18" wheels|
20" wheeled BMX bikes sizing
All bikes below have 20" wheels, which makes the top tube length the determining factor for optimum sizing.
|Rider Height||Bike Categories||Top Tube Length|
|135 - 150cm||Youth BMX bike||18.5" - 20.25"|
|145 - 165cm||Youth BMX bike||19.8" - 20.5"|
|155 - 170cm||20.25" - 20.75"|
|165 - 180cm||Adult BMX bike||20.5" - 21"|
|Adult BMX bike|
Larger than 20" wheeled BMX bikes sizing
BMX bikes with 22" - 27.5" wheels suit riders of many sizes, but can be more practical for taller riders.
|Rider Height||Wheel Size|
|170cm +||22" and up|
All BMX bikes are shipped in a bike box at a flat rate
of $35 Australia wide.
We provide an optional pre-service bike build to
dramatically cut down on the assembly and prolong the life of your bike, which
can be added at the checkout.